Friday 4 March 2011

Some Where At The End Of The Rainbow..................................

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
The challenge this fortnight at


to use the colours

Green/Yellow - Gold / White or to create a St. Patrick's Day Project

The prize from our Sponsor for this challenge is 2 digital images from 



Original Digital Stamps
Here is my design team inspirational piece for this challenge, but don't forget to pop over and see what the other very talented design team members have created too

I have chosen to use 
Jiggy's Pot of Gold available here at Stampin Dragon Designs
Home of the Dragons "The Dragons Lair"

Remember a little while back I introduced you to little Snitch, well this is Jiggy his big brother.  Jiggy has found his pot of gold at the end of his rainbow and wonders if you will find yours too.  I am sure that he will buy his little brother a great present with all those pennies and probably buy his mum Penny and dad Rupert a lovely present too..............  and as his Uncle Perry bought him that lovely gift, I think he will be kind enough to buy him a present back too, don't you think so.........................

I have created an easel card. The base layer is gold card with diamond white embossed card on the top.  The embossing folders are by Tim Holtz and I purchased mine from Grimsby Crafts.  The one on the top is a tree bark effect and the one on the bottom is brick effect.  They really do give a lot of depth to the card.  The image has been framed with a Marianne Creatable die.  The little white ribbon's from a local department store and the little green pearls from the Hobby House.  The image is coloured with copics and a white gel pen for the highlights.  The coins have been coloured in with a gold gel pen.  The sentiment is computer generated and I used my nesties to cut out and frame it.  The inner sentiment is from my new set from the Hobby House too.

I am entering this creation into the following challenges
Crafty Purple Frog - Fly away with us (things with wings)
Paper Crafting Journey - things with wings
Woodware USA - Anything Goes

I would like to thank all my lovely visitors who take the time to leave me such wonderful comments :)  I love all of them.

Enjoy your evening
Hugs
Kate
xx







14 comments:

Tammy said...

Really beautiful card. Love how you have it framed.

angelwhispers said...

A beautiful card!! Such a creat image and just loving the design.

Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

Anne Temple said...

Love the gold metallic framing Rupert and your sentiment.

Love crafts forever said...

Wow Kate!!!!!!! That was fast today, it's took a sec. to open your blog. I love that gold on your card, very pretty card.
Hugs Nat

Marlene said...

This is beautiful, Kate! I love the gold!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

so cute!
thanks for joinin us at TCPF!!!

Carolynne said...

Beautiful card Kate, as always

xx

All mixed up maz said...

Loving all your cards xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the image and how you have framed him.
Kevin xx

Anonymous said...

All that gold would be great in my pocket...LOL! Im sure you can only imagine what I'd buy with it!!! Im loving the card and the gold is a perfect touch.

Hugs,
Beth

Nancy said...

This is a sweet image, and all of the colors you used are so soft! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

Anonymous said...

Wow fantastic. The gold really makes it pop. Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week. hugs ~ Cindy

ladyjanet_56 said...

OOps I missed it thought I had already commented on this lovely little dragon ( funny my customer at work calls me a dragon) mayb thats why I find him so cute, there's so many nice things at my end of the Rainbow what about yours Katie?

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

what a fun card! i love it :)

thanks for playing along with us at Paper Crafting Journey's Things w/ Wings challenge!

xo
Sarabeth-DT

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10