Sunday 13 March 2011

OMG!!! Total Retail Therapy

Hi to all of you in the land of blog
I have had a lovely weekend 

went to a 60th Birthday Bash last night rolled in at 1pm an then woke with a slight head at 10am this morning the best way to reduce a head is to go to the Beach Hut and craft so enjoyed making this little number for Grimsby Crafts.  

I have used some of my new stash again, the Wild Rose dotty papers and some old Papermania papers.  I decided to aim for a challenge for a change, which has not been the case for some time, but when Lynn at Grimsby Crafts asked me to show case a Whiff Of Joy image, I chose this one and it then the theme for their challenge just shouted out to me.

So here is what I created
I have made an easel card, with a coffee pearlescent base colour and contrast.  I have used my MS punch to create extra detail to the diagonal cut and some gorgeous dotty ribbon new from the Hobby House, along with the flowers and pearls.  I have paper pieced the shopping bags and added pearls to the flower buttons.

Here is a close up of the inner return
I added platinum stickles to the flowers and Spun Sugar distress ink around the image plate and sentiments.

Here is a close up of the image
She is like me had a fabulous time shopping yesterday.

I am entering this into the following challenges
Whiff of Joy - Buttons and Blooms
Catch The Bug - Scallops (punched edge)
Little Claire's - Flowers
Our Daily Bread - Leather or Pearls (real or faux)
Wags N Whiskers - more than one fold
Digi Doodle - Pearls 
DYSU - Layers

Hello to my new followers lovely to have you with me, and thank you to all those lovely visitors that take the time to leave such wonderful comments

Enjoy your evening
Kate
xx




26 comments:

WencheP said...

Very cute card, love the flowers and the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful Kate. I do love pink/brown combo :)

Hugs Jane x

Sue said...

Hi hun
totally gorgeous card, fab colouring as always, gorgeous papers & embelies,sue,x

sam21ski said...

Lovely card Kate xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.I love the style of your card.xxx

Little K Smith said...

A beautiful card, love the colour combo and pretty little flowers too :)
Kelly.x

Miria said...

Hi, hun. What a fab new creation, I love the colours and the sketch. Hugs, Miria xx

Denise said...

Such a pretty card and a beautiful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Peggysue said...

Your card is beautiful Kate! I love pink & brown together. You've got lots of pretty goodies on the card. Gorgeous ribbon. Thanks for taking the time to join in our LAYERS challenge at DYSU this week. Do come back!!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like the colour combo, ribbon and flowers, I must get my woj stamps out.
Kevin xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card!! I just love your coloring of Willow and your details with the buttons and blooms. Great punch detail too! Thanks for joining Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge and Whiff of Joy challenges this week!
blessings,
Chris

mueppi said...

Wonderful card, Kate!!
I love the colours!
Hgs Gisela

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Kate, so girlie and pretty, love the colour combo you've used
hugs Mandy xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
did try to leave comment yest but got chucked of again!!!!
Totally gorgeous card, luv the colour combo, beautiful papers & embelies, hope ya heads ok now! sue,x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and lovely colors and coloring. Retail therapy always works for me.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Kate,
There is so much fabulous detail on this card I don't know where to start. It's all gorgeous, I love it! BTW, hope the head's feeling better!!
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

Louise said...

Hi :)
This is so beautiful :) I'm a big fan of pink and your creation is so stunning! Cute image that is colored to perfection :)
Nice blooms and buttons too :)

Thanks for joining us at WOJ challenges :) welcome back!
Hugs

KraftyKoolKat said...

Stunning. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

WeirdCat said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Melissa S. said...

This is perfect. Love all the elements and the easel card is one of my faves. Thank you for joining us at Bugaboo this week.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Awesome card......love the softness of it and that image, just too fun. Your coloring and embellishing is stunning!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love this image and your easel card is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful, love all the little details! Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug!

Curly said...

Hi Kate Im not stalking you lol, I do love this card my favorite colour combo and the stamp is a fun one too, I must blow the dust off of the one I have lol,

but this is such a pretty card, i love the ribbon and the border punch,

take care,
Hugs B :0)x

The Little Stamper said...

What can I say - this card is just beautiful! Iam going to follow you now as I think your work is amazing! Thanks for joining us on the Little Claire's challenge.

Sharon x

Sammy said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS! I do so love pink and brown together, and who doesn't love a bit of (crafty) retail therapy? x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10