Saturday 12 March 2011

Flowers For Mum from the Design Team at the Secret Crafter

Good morning to you all in the land of blog
Today brings the new challenge at the


It was my turn to choose the theme for this week, and with Mother's Day not too far away, I thought that this would give us all the opportunity to think of our mum's and create something extra special for them.  I remember my Mum every year whilst I have the opportunity to create for my other very special mum, Matt's mum.  My mum sadly passed away a very long time ago now, but I am sure she would love my creations and know she is watching me and with me always.

So the theme this week is

Flowers For Mum

This is what I created for my design team inspiration.  My mum loved listening to the birds, gardening and was a total sun worshipper.
The base colour and contrast is a turquoise blue card, the top papers are from a new stack from the Hobby House by Prima.  The image plate is surrounded by a Marianne die with pearls from the Hobby House.  The image is Mollie Gardening and is a digi available from the Secret Crafter shop only.  The image plate is distressed with Tim Holtz tattered rose and over stamped with swirls in the same colour as is the sentiment plate.  The sentiment is from stash sorry not sure who by and the sentiment is mounted on a nestie fancy tag.  The ribbon is from stash and the flowers are from Hobby Craft and Wild Orchid.  The image is coloured with copics and a white gel highlighter.

I am entering this creation the following challenges
The Stampman - mother's day floral
Digi Doodle - Pearls
Southern Girls - Flowers

I would like to say thank you to all my wonderful visitors especially those that leave me such inspiring comments

Hugs and enjoy your day tomorrow
Kate 
xx

21 comments:

Curly said...

Wow Kate I love this card the background paper is so pretty, I love the colour combo, and those Roses are delish,

Have a great weekend,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Joey said...

Beautiful card Kate, I love the richness of the blue and pink you used. Joey x

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Kate. I love how you've picked out the blue and pink from the background paper. Congratulations on your new DT position. Hugs, Wendy x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi Kate, just catching up on your wonderful work and your exciting news. Well done, your vintage creations are fantastic as is this sweet card. Love the papers and the whole floral look. Great theme, will join in for sure. Have a great weekend. Marianne x

Carolynne said...

Beautiful card Kate, just love the image and the colours you have used.

xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab card and gorgeous colouring. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

so colourful Kate. Love it and the flowers and pearls finish the card beautifully

Hugs jane x

CraftyC said...

So sweet Kate, a very pretty card!
Clairexx

Tammy said...

Lovely card and I'm sure your mum is very proud of you and all that you do!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I like the image and the backing paper,
Kevin xx

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous card kate, sure Matt's mum will love it - Sam xxx

Helen said...

Beautiful card Kate - love the swirls around the image!
Helen x

Lisa said...

Really sweet card! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

Mandy said...

Kate your card is so beautiful and feminine, I love the stamped swirls around the sweet image and the colours you've used.
Matts mum will love this, I'm sure you mum is proudly watching over you
hugs Mandy xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Linda said...

Hi Kate love your card and the digi image you have used I am sure your mum would have loved it love Linda

Andie's Space said...

Hi Kate,
This is so sweet. She's so lovely & the paper is gorgeous. Those flowers look fab. It's wonderful.
Big Hugs,
Andie xx

Anonymous said...

So sweet and pretty.Such lovely colours.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Julie said...

Just lovely! The the colors and the flowers. Thanks for joining us at DDSB
Hugs,
Julie

Lisa said...

Such a cute image! Lovely card, thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

Michelle Singer said...

Adorable card Kate. Thanks so much for joining us at Southern Girls this fortnight. I really hope to see you again at our next challenge.
Hugz,
Michelle

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10