Wednesday 23 March 2011

Discover Something Magical Today

Hi to you all in the land of blog
Today I am showcasing another fabulous Dragon's Lair digi image, this is Penny's Discovery, she is one of my current favourite images and beautiful to colour.  I have used fresh spring colours this time and my new lace idea, that I used last time to frame some pretty designer papers but this time it perfectly frames the circle frame of the digi.
The base colour and contrast on this creation is a textured mint green card available from the Hobby House, The beautiful and current over used lace is from Grimsby Crafts (just cannot get enough of it, but you can see why can't you)  I have used my Grand Nesties, the smaller circle for the image and the two smaller scallop ones to create the scallop frame for the lace to edge with the lace falling into the inner of the circle.  I have used small yellow pearls from the Hobby House to trim the frame and the tops of the MS punch.  The papers are from a new Papermania Mono Capsule collection pad in gorgeous spring yellows.

The image is coloured in copics and uses the greens and yellows and the aqua tones, I used a clear glitter sakuro pen for the frame and a white gel pen to highlight.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes
The Creative Cottage - Spring has Sprung
Simon Says Stamp - Mother's Day or Girlie
Scrap Creations - Spring has Sprung
House of Gilli - Pastel Colours with bling
Make it Monday - anything goes
The Shabby T Room - punch flower gem from bingo card
Stamps R us - Spring
Card Cupids - Spring Inspired

I would like to say hello to all my new followers and thank you to my lovely visitors who leave me such fabulous comments

Hugs Kate xx

33 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I love the lace frame, and the adoreable image
Kevin xx

Marlene said...

So pretty! Love the lace around your image. Very elegant.

The Crazy Crafting Lady said...

Penny is an adorable dragon! I love the way you colored her. Beautiful card.

Thanks for participating in Challenge # 2 at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will join us again next Wednesday for Challenge #3!

~*~Amber~*~
www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

Paper Paradise said...

Love the colours, very subtle and as you said, 'Spring like'. x

Lorraine A said...

awww ,,, this is just sooo cute :-) the image is adorable and I love the nestie shape ,, Gorgeous card Kate :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and PTW Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the lace frame. x

Sue said...

Hi hun
yea im up n runnin, aww totally gorgeous card, super cute image, fab colouring, beautiful design,& embelies, sue,x

Anonymous said...

I love the shape of the card and the lace around the circle and of coarse the adorable dragon! Thanks so much for playing along this week in the shabby tea room :-)

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Kate! Love the cute image.
Hugs Lynsey x

Carolynne said...

I just love this image Kate, and the way you have coloured it with such soft colours is beautiful
xx

Tammy said...

So beautiful Kate! Each of your creations are always so inspiring.

Chris said...

very cute card, I love the embellies around the image. thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

Very cute, love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge this week.

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card and fab spring colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at TCC this week :) Donna x

Miria said...

So sweet and magic, Kate. I love the nestie you made and thank you for joining Papertake Weekly, indeed. Miria

Sue said...

Something on me blog for you hun,sue,x

Nikbee said...

A really pretty card. I love the lace frame.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.

Nikki x

Sue B said...

Ooh gorgeous card! I love the lace around the frame and the pearls - gorgeous. Very sweet image - it's adorable!

Hugs Sue xx

sam21ski said...

Blimey what a lot of challenges. Really love the lace idea, sets it up perfectly xxxxx

Hope the class went well on Sunday xxxx

Highland Monkey's said...

What a cutie of a dragon. Like the way you have done the lace and the scalloped edge.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card !

Georgia Ehrmann said...

super cute card! Thank you for playing with us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week!
Hugs,
Georgia

Dionne said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the soft colors and the lace frame.
Thanks for playing with us at the House of Gilli.

Anniebee said...

Hi, Kate! What a lovely card! You did a wonderful job coloring the image and that lace is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us this week at Amber's Crafts and Stuff. I hope you'll join us again very soon.

Anne

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Such an adorable card. Looove the lace around the image. Beautiful colouring too. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs...Mona

Unknown said...

beautiful! I love the lace! Good luck on all the challenges~

Michelle said...

what a beautiful, whimsical card.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful creation at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, sweet card. I love the softness of it and the lace & pearls. Thanks for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

Hugs,
Kristin

Tracy said...

Beautiful card, the colours you have used look so pretty and I love the image. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

The Bug said...

Beautiful! Love the lace. Thanks for joining our Pastel Challenge over on Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central!
Hugs, Wini

Marilyn said...

Wonderful card with such a cute image & I really like how you've framed it with the lace.
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
Marilyn

Christine said...

Oh how sweet. I love the dragon. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Vixykins said...

Beautiful! I love stampin dragon theyre so cute!
Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me, hope to see you again x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10