Friday 18 March 2011

Bring On The Spring with Stampin With The Dragon

Good early morning to you all in the land of blog
Today brings the new challenge at


with the theme of

Bring On Spring

We have a fabulous sponsor this week


sponsor_banner.png



who are offering a prize of 3 digis for the winner


We also have a Guest Designer joining us for this challenge, now I follow Kevin and his lovely work, so it is really nice to introduce you to Kevin of McCrafty's Cards


keven guest dt member.jpg



Hi My name is Kevin,

I have been card making for about four years now.
I also paint and make salt dough figures. I am totally blind in my left eye,
so it takes me longer to colour images and to produce my finished cards
but I am never happier than when I am creating. 
I am delighted to be joining the Stampin with the dragon team as a 
Guest designer for this challenge.


Please pop over to the challenge blog here to see his wonderful creation and the rest of the Design Team pieces.

Here is my inspirational piece for this challenge
The base of this card is a lemon card and the designer papers are from some more new stash, I know get me again, I do try not to spend honest :( this is another Wild Rose stack and so pretty just perfect for the welcoming of Spring.  I have used the large MS punch twice and layered this to create a sort of fan on the page (the hubby said they looked like wheels on a cart :o )  I have used an octagonal nestie and some large pearls from the Hobby House.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid on this occasion.  The little butterflies punched out and liquid appliqué added to their little bodies.   The image has been coloured with copics and distressed with mulled lavender and over stamped in the same with a leaf stamp.

Which reminds me I have just picked up my new colours of copics from Grimsby Crafts - 36 new colours, oh I cannot wait to play, thanks Lynn x

I am entering this cheery card into the following challenges
AliFactory - Things with Wings (butterflies)
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - Punches or Die Cuts
Charisma Cardz - Use Die Cuts
Colour Create - inspiration photo (greens)
Little Miss Muffett - Brads, Gems or Pearls
Some Odd Girl - Think Spring
Southern Girls - flowers
Cooking It Up With Katie - Cute, Green, Easter
Fab N Funky - green/St Patricks Day
Flutter By Wednesday's - green and butterfly

I would like to welcome my new followers and thank those lovely visitors that leave me such wonderful comments which inspire and allow me to hop back to visit you too.

Hugs and Thank Crunchy It's Friday!!!!!!!! gonna get to play with my new copics :) and a first creation with my replacement Grand Calibur :)

Kate
xx 










29 comments:

Marlene said...

Fabulous card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Kate, Toby is sooo sweet and love the border punch! JO xxx

Tammy said...

Such a sweet card. Love the flowers and butterflies. Perfect accompaniment for this cute image.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet colors. Loving the card.
Hugs,
Beth

Carolynne said...

Such a gorgeous card Kate, love the colour scheme

xx

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors you chose and how you colored him.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love this cute image and such a pretty card too. Sounds like lots of recent spending to me. Marianne x

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Cec said...

Adorable card. Love the papers and that great punched border. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww gorgeous card, super cute image, gorgeous papers & embelies, have great weekend hun, sue,x

sam21ski said...

Aww Kate, what a totally gorgeous image. That little bunny is sooooo cute and you've matched the colours perfectly xxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

I clicked on your blog and thought i was looking in a mirror lol, your card is gorgeous I like the image and you have used the punch i am hoping to get for my birthday,
Kevin xx

Elara said...

Hi! I clicked on your blog link from Creative Card Crew Challenge. Love your bunny image and I want that punch too! :)

Debbie @ Phatelara

Curly said...

I love this cheeky little bunny he is just so sweet, the flowers are fab and so is your colouring,

Hugs Bridget :0) x

Emma H said...

Very sweet, love that little bunny! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky this week!

Berry said...

Such a sweet card with Toby thanks for playing at crafty sentiments this wk hugs rebekah xx

Chris said...

very cute card, the bunny is adorable and I love the pearls. thanks for joining us at cooking It Up with Kate.

kaos said...

oh sooo cute!!

Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!

hugs
kaos

Soili-Maria said...

Fabulous card!! Thanks for joining Art Impressions Challenge#8!

lisbeth said...

This is a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Cooking it up with Katie

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Fantastic Card as always Kate love the butterflies

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon Designs

Sharon said...

Such a cute image and I love that punch! Lovely card :)

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this week.

Sharon x

Tanika Iswandari said...

What an adorable card! love the image and coloring details :) very very lovely! thank you for playing with us at AI Factory! hugs

Anonymous said...

Just adorable!Pretty colours too.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x

Nanda said...

That is a very sweet card, love the image. Thank you for joining The Pixie Cottage Challenge.

Hugs,
Nanda

Di said...

Just beautiful kate love it!
Thankyou for joining colour create.
Hugs Di xxx

Karen said...

What a great card and such a cute little image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pixie Dust Challenge.
Karen x

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Dropping by to check out your project! Thanks for playing along in the "Brads, Gems & Pearls" challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps. :D

...just Peggy said...

This is soooooo cute! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps this week.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10