Sunday 15 August 2010

Beary Nice Anniversary Card

Hi all out there in blog land.
After posting yesterday's card, I headed back up to the Beach Hut too try out the next stack of paper (the other non Christmas one, that I got from Denise at Tilly's)  and as promised will tell you what they are today.

But first what is going on in my life today - well first thing this morning our lovely friend and mechanic, turned up to replace the clutch in my son Mike's car.  Mike had taken Hannah off to work and returned ready to assist him.  After a quick drink they got started.......................  Hannah then called to say that yet again she was not needed at work, so I went to pick her up.....went shopping on the way back for some puff pastry and bacon for the workers lunch and then home again. Hannah is now supervising them whilst sunbathing and I went to finish this card which I had started yesterday.

So before I make the butties, I thought I would post the card.

For this card, I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday
As I said I wanted to use my new papers.  The papers are from GCD Studios and this stack is called Paris Nights and it is an 8 x 8 size pad.  It is delish and I can highly recommend it.  The Lace is from a local department store and the sentiment is from Crafty Secrets, Clear Art Stamps called Cherish (large).    The image is from forever friends.

Here is the card
I used a beige pearlised paper for the backing layer of all the designer papers, I distressed the edges and then distress them further by using Tim Holtz Antique Linen.  I also used the Antique Linen around the image and sentiment.  The papers are that beautiful it was a shame to cut them, they have a linen feel to them.  I added the lace to give it a vintage feel and then coloured the little white bows with a copic pen called raw silk.  The little flowers are from Wild Orchid.  I used the stems to create the twirls and added the buttons coloured in E31 copic to change the white buttons to match the colour scheme.  The branch punch was used to create the foliage and the beige pearlised paper was the perfect combination.  

Here is the image close up, coloured in copics the preferred media again.  I used three colours E50, E51 and E53 blending out the colour changes.
and here is a close up of the flowers and foliage, plus to show the linen effect on the papers.
I am also entering this card into the following challenges.

One Stitch at a Time - Pack a Punch - I have used the branch punch under the flowers

Sweet Stampin - Favorite Stamp or Image, I finally settled on this old friend.

Just Cute Bears - Buttons and Blooms

and also it just happens to meet lucky for me, the Paper Sundaes Recipe Challeng3e of 4 flowers, 3 buttons and 2 designer papers, which posted whilst I was writing the post.

and Stamptacular Sunday Challenge of buttons and bows

OK so I am off to cook butties and then will pop up to the Beach Hut to have another play.  The memory box needs another coat of paint so may be getting messy, but this is the best way to play don't you think?
Thank you to all of you who take the time after a visit to leave me a lovely comment to allow me to come and visit you in return.  I have really enjoyed having the time this week to visit more of you.  I am back at work next week so may struggle to get around to all of you but will try my best

Enjoy the rest of your day

Kate xx

33 comments:

Joey said...

Hiya Kate Hun

this is gorgeous what a great sketch I love what you have done with it. I think some of the older stamps will always be the better ones lol. Thanks for joining us at sweet stampin

Joey.xxx

sam21ski said...

Ooooh Kate, that paper looks fab, thanks for the info I think I need to go get a stack xxxx

Oh by the way, the card is fab but I was blown away by the papers!!!!

Crystal said...

Such an adorable image & love the music paper! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Liz said...

Fantastic Wonderful work love the whole project Kate

Thank you for joining OSAAT this week Good luck

Liz
OSAAT

Sue said...

Hi Hun
aww gorgeous card, beautiful colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies, stunning creation, sue,x

Annette said...

So beary cute! I love the papers & embellishments - so nicely blended together! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Kat said...

This is gorgeous. That Forever Friends image is lovely and beautifully coloured. Love that DP too!

Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears this week.

Kat x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the vintage feel of those papers!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears!
Helen x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love the sheet music, pretty lace and bows. I can see why you like this image so much! Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin. Warmest wishes, Lesley

Mandy said...

Stunning card Kate, so pretty, I love the FF bears even though I neglect mine, and I bought those lush papers last week although I've only stroked mine so far lol
hugs Mandy xx

MagsB said...

Wow, this is lovely! The papers are gorgeous, and I love the bows and roses! The colours you've used blend so beautifully, and the image is too cute for words!!

luv, Mags x

Spyder said...

Very pretty card, love your flowers. Thank you for joining OSAAT's 'punch' challenge this week!
(Lyn)

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! Such wonderful flowers, I love all the details you added!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Buttons & Bows challenge!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

Curt in Indy said...

I absolutely love this card. The detail and multiple elements on this beauty are gorgeous. What a wonderful job! Best, Curt

Heidi said...

Hallo Kate i just love your beary images. I love forever friends and you have coloured them magically. I have a wee question though I tried to click on the candy pic at top of page and it won't take me anywhere. Can you tell me whose blogspot it is please. many thanks and I have added myself to your follower list so that i can continue to get inspiration from your creations.xx

Unknown said...

so cute xx
thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Paula said...

fantastic card Kate!!!!
love your punch, never seen one like that before
thanks for stopping by at OSAAT
Paula x

CraftyC said...

Your card is so sweet card, love the bears!
Clairexx

Faye said...

Hi Kate. This is a completely delish card, I love that cute image which you have coloured beautifully. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. xx
P.S. Your link has done something funny to MR Linky. The only way I can correct it, is to delete you, but I shall add you again. You will be number 72 or thereabouts. Just telling you in case you look for your link and it's not where you put it! xxx

Faye said...

actually, you are 63! xx

Carolynne said...

Stunning card.... really beautiful

Unknown said...

Awww Kate such a pretty card, so sweet too!

Thanks for sharing with us at OSSAT Pack a Punch challenge this week!

Jo :)

Heidi said...

Hi again Kate, don't panic about the blogcandy link I have found it. H xx

ARTfulWings said...

Hi Kate - beautifully coloured as always and I love the papers you have used - hmm said I wouldnt spend but maybe ...... ;O) - must catch up soon lovie take care Polly xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Kate. Love the details you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Lindsey said...

Hi Kate,
What a stunning wedding card, i just love those bears and the lace and papers are fantastic. Absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Linds x

Gemma said...

Wow what a stunning card this is, just perfect! Thanks for playing along @ Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hugs Gemma

Annie said...

wow! what a gorgeous teddy bear card you have made. thanks for joining in with us at Just Cute Bears.
hugs, annie x

Lisa Hjulberg said...

How cute is this!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT, and we'll have a new challenge for you tomorrow, so don't forget to check in :D

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Love them bears - Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
hugs,
Debbie x

Christine said...

Adorable card! I love that image, so cute, and those papers are perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

Danderella said...

What a stunning card! I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes for last week's recipe challenge.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10