Friday 13 November 2009

Acetate meets white snow, snowmen and glitter

hi all

hoping this finds you well and looking forward to your weekend.

I finally got my head around the card I needed the break from the other night. This is another of the cards for the order, this one was especially for three boys, the ages ranging from young to a little older.

This stamp came from my shopping spree at Doncaster Dome and the Stamp Magic Event. It caught my eye straight away, but after buying it was not sure how I was going to use it. However, with my recent addiction to acetate and white (I wonder why) this is what I came up with.


I started with a base card and cut out an aperture with my good old mega nesties. I then cut the base silver to size and took my time in lining up it's aperture. I then cut some white card carefully line this up and cut out the aperture. I embosed the white card with the cuttlebug swiss dots folder and then layered them all up in line (what a horrid little job that was).

Moving to the inside again it all had to line up to perfection - now you know why I needed the head break the other day. Again silver base white embossed top all with the apertures. The inner of the card (seen through the acetate) again silver base, white embossed top and the aperture and more lining up. Finally after stamping my logo on the back. I stamped my greeting on the inside which shows through to the front. The space behind the snowmen for the purchaser to write on.

Now your wondering why all the layers. The snowmen are double sided. The stamp was the front and the back of the snowmen, separate stamps. Would love to tell which stall sold me them but wow they are fab.

So now when you open up the card you see the snowmen's rears lol. Great fun for the boys. Not my usual style but very effective. I hope you can see from the photo's the effect.

The snowmen are puffed up with liquid applique with woodware puff in black (for coal) and pink (for the cheeks) and copic orange for the noses. I used stickles glitter glue to colour the paper hats making sure I coloured the rear to match. The snowflake is made from a cuttle bug die, glass particles and the charm is from Tickerty Boo on Wilton Road, Grimsby.

I also have just bagged ready those three for the family that follow my blog. Her mum is the purchaser. Will blog them once she has been given them so as not to spoil it for her. I used my new Justrite stamps on them, they are so cool.

Well finally off to sit down and have a small one, must prepare for the Christmas drinking parties.

Take care and thanks for looking

Kate x

8 comments:

crafty creations said...

Hiya Kate and thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge again this week with this beautiful card looks like a lot of work went in to this one

x Hilda

All mixed up maz said...

sorry about that kate hope your ok, your card are beautiful. Keep up the good work xmazx

sam21ski said...

Lovely card Kate - love the snow effect on the snowmen - fab

Thanks for playing along with Lotstodo this week - Sam xxxx

Willy said...

Funny and beautiful card, Kate!

The Dolphin Inn said...

he he he Kate lol at the snowmen rears, this fab card was worth all the effort - it is ACE TFS XXX

Effie said...

They look like they are having a great time! Fab card!

Neet said...

What a fantastic card - was it from Butterfly Kisses by any chance - think they do back and front views but may have got that wrong.

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous card would not know where to start the purchaser and family must adore it.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10